This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter andFacebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
The Editorial Producer is responsible for booking guests, making pitches, and handling newsmaker requests for Cuomo Prime Time. The ability to collaborate well with internal and external stakeholders is critical to this position. This individual is the show's booking representative and is responsible for constantly upgrading the quantity and quality of bookings for live daily interviews in addition to special projects. The Editorial Producer is also responsible for researching and pitching unique new guests and ideas on a daily basis. This person must also be able to react quickly in breaking news situations and line up officials, lawmakers, outside reporters and principals in a situation where the news happens while we are live as well as when news breaks during the day. The Editorial Producer should also have a strong grasp on using social media to find people involved in breaking news situations in remote areas. This person must also be able to develop and cultivate and maintain new guest relationships on behalf of the program and the network. The Editorial Producer conducts pre-interviews over the phone and sets up on-camera interviews and b-roll shoots, researches and pitches provocative stories, and works contacts for long term booking opportunities. Performs other related duties as assigned. Job may require travel for breaking news bookings and being in the control room during the show.
What do we need from you?
- A qualified candidate for this position must have 3+ years as a booking producer or equivalent production experience
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
- Research skills are essential to this position
- Proven performance and an established rolodex in booking high profile news guests are necessary
- This candidate must be able to multi-task, execute quickly, and be editorially strong
- Knowledge of current events, key players and issues in global affairs a must
- Organizational skills and writing skills are essential to this position
- Second language a plus
- Ability to travel as needed
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to hel shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.