Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Located downtown Chicago, Gamut is a start-up operation being launched by Grainger. The company is developing an innovative, new e-commerce platform that will leverage technology, structured data, and customer insights to launch a successful new business.This is an exciting opportunity to help develop a dynamic organization from the ground up and explore numerous career development possibilities as the company continues to grow.
We re looking for a passionate, data-driven, Email Marketing Lead who ll be responsible for executing Gamut s email marketing strategy to engage, nurture, and drive customer loyalty. This role will be 85% production, 15% ideation to start, and will evolve based on your abilities and aspirations. An interest to grow into other digital channels is encouraged, including Display, PLA, Paid Search, Organic Search, Organic Social, Paid Social, Social.
- Expertise in ExactTarget / Salesforce Marketing Cloud (2+ years)
- Proficiency with HTML coding & troubleshooting across major ISPs and mobile operating systems, inline and external CSS
- History with building comprehensive journeys within the Journey Builder app
- Experience with Email Studio with a solid understanding of Profile Lists, Data Extensions, Triggered Sends, Data Extracts, Audiences, Groups, Filters, and Measures.
- Background with data importing, exporting, and automation.
- Understanding of Automation Studio and all of the activities that interface with it
- Knowledge of CloudPages, Landing Pages and/or Microsites.
- Ability to read & generate Reports, multi-variant and A/B Testing
- Aptitude with detail, organization, and file naming conventions
- Background in writing and updating processes & documentation
- Bachelor s degree in Marketing or Graphic Design (or equivalent)
- Familiarity with CAN-SPAM Act, Litmus and/or Email on Acid
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud certifications
- Salesforce Service Cloud experience
- SQL knowledge
- Contact Builder experience
- Audience Builder know-how
- Google Analytics experience
- Photoshop expertise
- API knowledge
- XML basics
- Preference Center integration
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.