Boston’s public media station WGBH is looking for a talented creator to lead a new pop-up unit within WGBH, the Emerging Platforms team. This two-person team will be responsible for pitching, producing, and distributing series and shows for emerging platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitch. The goal for this team is to learn from these new forays into experimental storytelling around WGBH core priorities, using data to understand how audiences are finding, consuming, and responding to this new content. The team would be responsible for creating at least three original shows or series in Year 1, with opportunities to work with ongoing local and national productions in the future.
The Senior Producer will oversee the development of new video series for specific platforms and syndication partners. The candidate will manage a budget and production schedule, and work closely with key stakeholders at WGBH to identify new opportunities and pitch original concepts. The producer will manage and execute on the creation of these series, including pre-production, research, talent and crew coordination, production, post-production, and distribution. The producer must demonstrate a passion for trends and topics that matter to audiences across the core content areas of Journalism, Science, History, Education, and Arts & Culture.
Candidates for the Senior Producer must have the ability to meet and adapt to changing industry demands and shifting audience behaviors, be flexible and balance multiple projects/priorities. We are looking for a dynamic and passionate individual excited about the future of journalism and documentary storytelling and willing to play a part in shaping that future.
Applications should include:
• A cover letter explaining why you would be excited to produce content for new formats, and what unique qualities you would bring to the table.
• An up-to-date resume.
• A list of URLs to a set of projects (or visuals and descriptions when URLs are not applicable), with your role on the project clearly stated.
• A masterful storyteller, creating engaging and compelling narratives in multiple formats
• Proven track record of producing and editing video series for emerging platforms
• Advanced editing and graphic design skills; proficiency with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator
• Ability to find a story, pull out our unique angle, and communicate to audiences why it matters in an inspiring, educational and informative manner.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Experience producing for new video formats, such as vertical video and live streaming
• Deep knowledge of emerging social video platforms such as Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitch.
• Data-driven with a history of learning from audience behavior
• Ability to oversee a production from start to finish, managing priorities, schedules, travel and tight deadlines
• Ability to consistently produce results under pressure in a fast-paced environment both as an individual contributor, as well as an individual in a team environment
• 5+ years of experience in video production, with experience overseeing a production from beginning to end
• Experience producing or overseeing the production of social-first video content
• Experience producing educational or youth-focused content a plus
• Desire to work in a fast-paced and fluid environment
• Basic understanding of the public media system and our unique value proposition to the public
• Ability to work various shifts and times, including evening and special events as needed
Please apply through our website: