Qualifications & Responsibilities
The Lead Analyst, Customer Analytics, will assist the organization by deriving actionable, data driven insights around customer attributes, behavior and segmentation; with the goal of proactively arming our brand partners and internal stakeholders with a better understanding of their end customer to identify, attract, and retain profitable customers
Data Driven Insights- Design, create, evaluate, optimize, and deliver quantitative and qualitative insights in relation to the attributes and behaviors of the end customer. (Including, but not limited to, custom demographic, geographic, financial and lifestyle profiles; transactional, shopping and interaction activities; behavior hypothesis testing, data mining and customized reporting/analysis.)
Data is extracted from a variety of customized sources (EDW, Essbase, etc.), utilizing tools such as SQL and SAS. A quantitative background is necessary to effectively navigate and identify logical meaning around the data. The responsibility of the individual is to understand how to find/extract the needed data (Design), structure the output (Create), understand what it means and implies (Evaluate), turn the data into actionable information (Optimize) and provide the results/reccomendations (Deliver) directly to internal partners (Client Partnerships, Marketing, Operations) and 3rd Parties (Brand Partners, Vendors, Sister Companies) to directly impact business decisions
Brand ownership- Act as primary Customer Analytics contact/resource for the Client Partnership team and Brand Partners.Responsible for a large number of Brand Partners of Medium-High size/complexity
Consultation/Expertise- Regularly relied upon by the organization, and our brand partners, to consult and provide expert advice leading to decisions and/or recommendations in relation to potential product and marketing offerings, value propositions, customer facing capabilities, and potential partnership
Strategic Projects-Participate in strategic projects to identify enhancements to the Customer Analytics processes that will have a positive impact on Alliance Data's ability to deliver relevant marketing and create enduring loyalty (focus on the end-customer and brand partner
Ad Hoc Analytics- Effectively researches and resolves ad-hoc requests in relation to current and potential understanding of the end customer
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Economics, Finance, or other quantitative field or equivalent knowledge or experience, Master's Degree preferred
Additional coursework, concentrations or experience in Marketing or Business
Experience with SQL or SAS preferred
Work Experience: 3-4 years, MS Office (Particularly Excel), Data Mining Tools, SQL, SAS, Customer Behavioral Research, Business Analysis, Experience in retail, financial services. 3+ years experience analyzing co-brand marketing performance, driving bankcard marketing and business decisions through data extracts, queries and actionable insights.
Supervisory Experience: 1-2 years preferred
Other Skills, Knowledge, or Abilities:
- Knowledge of: Credit card and retail industries
- Knowledge of: Concepts in marketing, finance, and accounting
- Knowledge of: Analytical and quantitative approaches, logic and reasoning, prioritization skills, attention to detail and self-auditing
- Knowledge of: Statistical Concepts, Data Mining Techniques, Multiple Programming Languages (including SQL and/or SAS experience extracting and modifying data)
- Knowledge of: CRM Marketing
- Strong Skills in: Microsoft Office
- Strong Skill in: Project Management
- Strong Skills in: Stakeholder management, providing data driven insights
- Ability to: Build relationships, influence key partners, and efffectively conduct conflict management and negotiation
- Ability to: Meet established deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to: Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form across a variety of departments and personnel
- Ability to: Embrace and/or initiate change; Adapt to new tools and processes
- Independent, Proactive, and Curious
Alliance Data card services
Alliance Data is a leading global provider of tailored marketing and loyalty solutions, delivered through branded credit programs that drive more profitable relationships between our brand partners and their cardmembers. We offer private label, co-brand, and commercial products to many of the world's most recognizable brands. We uphold our Know more. Sell more. promise by leveraging unmatched customer insights, advanced analytics, and broad-reaching innovative capabilities. It's how we deliver increased sales to our partners, build enduring loyalty to their brands, and provide more value to our cardmembers.
- Alliance Data offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
- Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with all applicable laws.
- Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
- Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
To learn more, visit www.KnowMoreSellMore.com/careers