Lead Marketing Data Analyst
Who We Are:
Safe Auto is an auto insurance provider headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. Founded in 1993, we are built on a philosophy of providing excellent customer service to help make insurance affordable to every driver, no matter their situation.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefits package available from Day 1, including health, dental and vision coverage with wellness incentive program
- Generous paid time off and paid holiday program
- Onsite wellness program with coaches available for personalized nutrition and fitness counseling and fitness classes at our beautiful Easton headquarters
- Onsite caf with chef offering made to order breakfast and lunch (reasonable pricing, too)
- 401K plan with company match and superior performance-based bonus structure
- A full-time career in a growing industry, with lots of opportunities for advancement
- Casual dress code wear jeans every day!
The lead marketing data analyst position requires a quantitatively skilled individual with an insatiable curiosity and drive for solving business problems by analyzing complex data, formulating conclusions, developing recommendations and implementing innovative solutions. You will be responsible for leading, mentoring, and growing analytical talent from the ground up in the organization. This position focuses on influencing, guiding, and understanding human behavior across the organization and leads an analytical team in support of the effective generation of customer demand, capture of that demand, and process analysis. You ll be directly supporting the priorities set by the Customer Demand & Experience Leader, but with the space to exhibit innovative and creative thinking. In this position, you ll be working across all aspects of Safe Auto including Product, Claims, Finance, Contact Centers, and IT, so you re only limited by your own ambition to learn.
What you will be doing:
- Leads a team of 3-4 analysts to support the Customer Demand and Experience Team
- Mentors analysts on team to help them build their technical and non-technical skills
- Designs and guides training/development for members of the analyst team with other analytical leaders within Safe Auto
- Represents the Customer Demand and Experience analytics team in cross functional meetings and objectives
- Drives for results and continuous learning within self and team members
- Participates in leadership of the Customer Demand and Experience team, partnering with directors and CD&E Leader
- Performs monitoring of impressions, quotes, sales, and commentary on trends within those metrics.
- With minimal direction performs statistical analysis of demand and efficiency trends, process throughput, and customer experience metrics.
- Makes sense of data from various sources to understand trends (both internal and external) and solve problems
- Makes recommendations for media buying, marketing, and retention actions in support of company goals
- Creates new ways to improve our ability to future forecast our business and perform various what if scenarios as we change our business approach
Media Recommendations and Support
- Leads state by state assessment of spend need through assessment of cost per sale, cost per quote, close rates, media mix trends, policy mix trends and performance against plan
- Monitors and assesses media/marketing tests to ensure that the proper go/no-go decision is reached based on data
Consumer Behavior and Research
- Leads our consumer research throughout the year and helps dig in to find additional insights about our prospective and active customers
- Builds models to help guide consumers through process flows that are matched to their needs and generate profit for the company
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's or higher degree with an emphasis in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Quantitative Research or Social Sciences and/or 3-5 years business experience.
- R/Python In-depth knowledge of at least one of these analytical tools.
- Excel Advanced skills in Excel with knowledge of spreadsheet functionality including v-look-up, pivot tables, charts, graphing and macros.
- Statistics An understanding and intellectual interest of various areas in statistics including but not limited to descriptive statistics, hypothesis testing, regression analysis, linear models, non-linear models, predictive analytics, forecasting, and machine learning.
- Visualization An understanding of various methods for visualizing analysis and presenting data in a way that can be easily consumed by less technical staff.
- Unstructured data It is critical that the candidate be able to work with unstructured data, whether it is from social media, video feeds or audio.
- Data Platform(s) / Data Access Experience using SQL and SQL based databases (MS SQL Server and/or DB2) is recommended.
- Leadership You will be leading a team of curious, driven, and data hungry analysts that have a drive to learn and improve. You ll need to be able to lead with confidence and invest in your team
- Intellectual curiosity The spirit of data science is discovery. You are motivated by an innate need to explore data in very creative ways to discover new truths and insights. Good at answering questions, and asking questions to move research forward.
- Business acumen Experience with different business processes and able to distill down objective function for a given problem. Is it an inventory management problem, a forecasting/prediction problem, investment optimization problem? How does the process influence the outcome? What levers are available to be changed and does the analysis point to specific actions that can be taken to change the outcome?
- Communication skills Candidate can clearly and fluently translate their technical findings to a non-technical team, such as the Marketing or Sales departments. Must enable the business to make decisions by arming them with quantified insights, in addition to understanding the needs of their non-technical colleagues in order to wrangle the data appropriately. Check out our recent flash survey for more information on communication skills for quantitative professionals.
Ready to join the Team?
Apply online at
Safe Auto is an Equal Opportunity Employer.