## REPORTS TO
Manager Revenue Analysis
## ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico and Costa Rica. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the \"Alaska Spirit\", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 115 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
## POSITION INFORMATION
The Loyalty & Marketing Analytics Team Lead develops tools, processes, and analyses that assists key stakeholders in executing and measuring strategies. The Lead partners with leaders across the Commercial organization to act as an internal consultant to understand business needs, identify improvement opportunities, and manage and bring projects to completion. This role requires a strong technical understanding of both data and modeling.
Scope & Complexity
* This individual contributor lead position advances the priorities of the Loyalty Analytics team by guiding and mentoring peer analysts and managing multiple analytics projects across many aspects of the Commercial division for Alaska Air Group (AAG) and its subsidiaries, specializing in the analysis of loyalty programs, customer behavior, and the Alaska credit card program.
* Develops tools, processes, and analyses that assist team and stakeholders in executing and measuring strategies pertaining to loyalty systems, customer behavior, and the Alaska credit card program.
* Provides timely and accurate data, reporting, and analysis for executive team and other areas of the company both on a periodic and ad-hoc basis.
* Designs and adheres to a high standard of precision and quality control, ensuring that reports and analyses produced are timely as well as accurate and free from errors.
* Creates targeted KPIs, forecasts, and metrics to guide strategic initiatives, especially for loyalty programs and the Alaska credit card program.
* Designs and owns implementation of production processes used by the business for data-driven decisions.
* Runs high profile projects end to end with minimal oversight.
* Breaks down complex problems, creates a plan, and meets targets working alone or in a group setting.
* Fills in for leadership when needed (meetings, projects, decision making).
* Recommends new approaches to leveraging airline loyalty programs, credit card programs and customer relationship management systems, grounded in thorough data analysis.
* Proactively identifies opportunities to advance modeling practices of customer attributes and behavior, keeping Alaska at the forefront of advanced customer analytics and behavior modeling.
* Maintains data architecture and integration of CC data with other customer data to promote the credit card program and integrate it with Alaska loyalty and revenue initiatives.
* Team Management & Development:
* Organizes and assists in new hire training, report documentation and auditing, as well as continuous monitoring and improvement of existing processes and collaterals.
* Mentors junior analysts through solution structure, project check-ins, and tracking towards delivery dates for projects as well as developing new capabilities.
* Assists the Manager in promoting a high-performance culture by motivating team members through mentoring and training.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
* A minimum of 4 years of analytical experience or 3 years with a relevant technical Masters degree.
* A Bachelors degree in a related discipline.
* Experience in advanced SQL / database use.
* Experience in advanced data blending, descriptive statistics, and visualization.
* Proficiency in regression and time series analysis and probabilistic modeling.
* Adept with MS Excel and proficiency with other Office applications.
* Attention to detail and problem-solving skills is critical for this role.
* Ability to present complex topics in a clear manner to all audiences, including peers, individual contributors, other groups, as well as executive audiences.
* Proven ability to extract, interpret, and present large quantities of data in a clear and concise manner.
* Ability to accomplish multiple concurrent tasks, take the initiative, and assume responsibility for results in an extremely fast paced environment.
* Demonstrated ability to work with diverse work groups while addressing people courageously, directly and candidly.
* Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal).
* Industry experience relating to airline marketing, CRM, and/or analytical modeling.
* Experience in advanced forecasting, behavioral analysis, or survey data analysis.
* A Masters degree in a related discipline.
* Experience with object-oriented programming.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
* Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
## THE LOCATION
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
## OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Our values reflect who we are at work and in our communities: Own Safety, Do the Right Thing, Be Kind-Hearted, Deliver Performance, and Be Remarkable. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
## POSTING INFORMATION
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history, resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to.
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.
* Job ID:* 32013
* Location:* Seattle, WA
* Full/Part Time:* Full-Time
* Regular/Temporary:* Regular