When you're a part of IHG, you're more than your job title. If you're anything like Isabella you're a music lover and an avid soccer player too. And that's what we love the individual talents, interests, and dreams that make you who you are.
Join the Global Marketing team at IHG and we don't expect you to conform to any stereotype because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger. What you will need is ambition, talent, and some key skills. For this vital role, we're looking for someone who can¦
The purpose of this role is to manage a team of in-house Search Engine Marketers to drive hotel bookings and room revenue at a highly cost-efficient level. In this role, the Manager of Paid Search will be responsible to move the business forward through innovation and identifying new optimization strategies. The manager will be the product owner of our Kenshoo Bid Management tool and will be tasked with ensuring the platform is fully integrated with all tactics. The manager will be the face and voice of the channel to senior leadership and will provide program updates and recommendations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain relationships through online advertising, search engines, or similar internet channels. Analyze and implement possible new revenue streams and distribution opportunities with channel-specific sites or search engines which support interactive business strategies and tactics. investigate, negotiate, implement, and manage direct distribution agreements and marketing alliances for online sites.
- Manage ROI and cost of sale metrics for online and search engine marketing and advertising opportunities. Analyze returns to ensure that revenue requirements are being met while staying within the budget. Keep Director informed of any major issues or significant changes in metrics.
- Maintain an understanding of current events regarding online advertising, search engine, or related industry and its affiliates. Communicate knowledge of industry landscape to Director
- Manage Campaigns, through media placements and social channel advertising to ensure IHG Brands are getting adequate exposure while maintaining an effective ROI.
- Manage the search engine marketing tool and the relationship with an external technology provider. help train internal clients on using technology for optimizing, reporting and analyzing search engine marketing campaigns. Track, analyze and report on brand and channel marketing campaigns for assigned accounts or market affiliates.
- Develop, implement, and manage marketing strategies, tactics, key initiatives, and/or destination sites for the assigned Internet Business channel to generate greater brand awareness and revenue through these systems, including online sites and travel related portal such as Yahoo, MSN, American Online, directory sites mapping sites etc.; IHG brands to maximize the strength of IHG Hotels as it relates to specific destination sites. Monitor the effectiveness of sites and user experience to ensure revenue growth.
- Implement additional creative with landing page content including city related creative and event creative/content.
- Manage creative assets. Work with internal and external agencies for creative; develop creative that meets needs for campaigns and performance marketing initiatives. Investigate the marketing benefit of various partnership programs with military-specific travel portals or search engines, current strategic partners, and other applicable companies. Ensure the Company’s properties are included and are linking to the direct brand websites.
- Proactively search for possible ways to assist in driving demand to Internet websites,
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Interactive, Marketing or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
5+ years’ progressive work-related experience with demonstrated mastery of technical and business knowledge and understanding of multiple disciplines/processes related to the position Minimum 3 years interactive marketing experience and 2 years social experience
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
- Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing marketing projects from conception through implementation.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management, and staff.
- Demonstrated proficiency in business software products such as Excel, Microsoft Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of Internet systems, marketing programs, and affiliate networks.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage relationships with marketing affiliates, regional teams, franchisees and hotel owners.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and research abilities. Demonstrated ability to use the results of investigation and analysis to make effective strategic decisions.
- Experience creating and managing content for owned social channels (IHG Army Hotels Facebook, Twitter, Instagram pages, and blog)
- Must be knowledgeable about social networks and viral marketing