Child Mind Institute seeks a highly motivated individual to join our Communications team as a Marketing and Communications Coordinator with responsibility for a broad range of marketing and communications projects. The ideal candidate has experience in project management, has extraordinary editing and copywriting skills, is detail-oriented, and able to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment without losing sight of overall business, brand and audience goals.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications at the Child Mind Institute headquarters in New York City. This is a full time, exempt position.
- Be an integral part of planning and execution for all departmental initiatives, events, and campaigns, including digital, social, print, marketing, fundraising, partner engagement, and our signature spring and fall public education campaigns
- Lead day-to-day interdepartmental communications, scheduling, tracking, reporting, and quality assurance activities for assigned projects
- Coordinate projects from within the department and across the organization — from concept through execution and approvals — looping in all stakeholders and team members as necessary
- Help ensure that task assignments are clear and that project contributors are on-task and aware of delivery dates and project flow
- Track and report on project status, and be pro-active anticipating and resolving — or escalating — issues
- Edit and copywrite external facing correspondence and messaging for organization including newsletters, partner outreach letters, social media and web copy
- Edit and copywrite internal planning document such as project briefs, budgets and timelines
- Manage schedule for and agenda planning for department meetings and for meetings with the Director of Marketing and Communications
- Work with the teams across the organization to implement improved processes
- Assist with employee onboarding and offboarding tasks through collaboration with the operations teams
- Manage administrative duties and serve as a liaison to the finance and legal office in preparing and executing all department purchase orders, invoices and payments, vendor contracts, model releases, etc.
- Hold engaging and well-run weekly status meetings and follow up with action-oriented minutes
- Manage expectations by collaborating and communicating effectively across all levels of the organization
- Foster strong relationships with internal “customers” and external vendors
- Assist with other initiatives as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in marketing and/or communications 2-3 years successful project management experience
- Agency experience strongly preferred
- Highly motivated, organized and professional with exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to see the big picture
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Upbeat, positive attitude and ability to work well with a variety of people. Excellent relationship building skills.
- Proficient using standard software tools (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (able to provide writing samples)
- Results-driven, action-oriented working style
- Passion for the Child Mind Institute mission
Please upload your resume and cover letter during the application process.