The University Student Union (USU) at California State
University, Northridge is a student centered nonprofit organization that works
to expand the college experience through various programs, services,
employment, and involvement opportunities.
The mission of the USU is to foster the achievement of
students' educational goals by facilitating a strong connection between
students and their campus community.
It is an engaging and energetic campus program that develops
students through inclusive activities, meaningful employment opportunities,
leadership experiences and innovative technologies, facilities, and services.
Facilities include a University Student Union and a 138,000 square foot Student Recreation Center (SRC). The SRC is a facility for exercise and leisure activity that promotes lifelong health and wellness.
Under the guidance of the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Coordinator is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring a comprehensive marketing and promotions program for the University Student Union and its numerous programs and services.
· Recruit, hire, train, supervise, and evaluate part-time student assistants in positions that include Marketing Assistants, Business Assistant and Clerical Assistant
· Provide leadership, development, and direction for a team of student assistant employees in project coordination, social media and promotions. Oversee the distribution of a wide variety of marketing and promotional materials, including, but not limited to online and mobile ads, digital screens, social media, e-newsletters, text message and print ads; flyers, brochures, lawn signs and posters
· Oversee and ensure the execution of campaign work orders and project requests by developing strategic creative briefs and promotional campaigns using a project management system (basecamp.com)
· Coordinate street teams, contests, visual displays, presentations and promotional booths
· Develop on and off-campus contacts relative to USU marketing ventures, including but not limited to: social networking, text messaging, the USU newsletter, the CSUN campus newspaper (Sundial), CSUN academic and non-academic departments and campus auxiliaries
· Assist in the development and day-to-day monitoring of the Marketing Department’s annual operating budget
· Develop, implement, evaluate, and refine the University Student Union’s Marketing Plan, and generate quarterly reports relative to same
· Develop social media calendars, content and analytics reports
· Lead weekly Marketing Team Meetings to ensure the coordination of marketing strategies and consistent implementation of specific marketing tactics
· Coordinate or oversee the coordination of focus groups, personal interviews, social media polls and surveys to assess marketing campaigns and ascertain campus opinions of the University Student Union and its delivery of services and programs, for inclusion in the Marketing Plan
· Oversee the department’s equipment requests and promotional giveaway inventory
· Coordinate video and photographic documentation of University Student Union events and programs for inclusion on the USU’s YouTube channel and social networking sites
· Performs other related duties as assigned
Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree in an applicable field (Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Communications). Three years professional experience; supervisory experience in a related field; experience with marketing and social media management; experience with project management systems/software strongly; experience with operating budget development and monitoring preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles of effective supervision
- Knowledge of the principles of student development
- Knowledge of computer systems (Mac and PC), as well as Google Calendar, MS Office including Word and Outlook, Excel and Access
- Working knowledge of and ability to apply standard theories, practices, principles and techniques related to communications in the public affairs, media and marketing
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to use effectively media outlets including planning media coverage and media publicity campaigns for the USU and events
- Thorough knowledge of web communication techniques, vehicles and formats
- Knowledge of interview techniques and the ability to define and deliver media messages
- Working knowledge of marketing and research techniques and methods
- Demonstrated ability to keep abreast of USU and campus events and subject matter expertise in relation to current events to identify and capitalize on media opportunities that will promote the USU and increase positive media coverage
- Ability to coordinate and organize a wide variety of workplace activities
- Ability to adhere to assigned deadlines
- Ability to manage resources and work within a budget
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, draw valid conclusions and develop alternate recommendations
- Ability to effectively use web technology to achieve communication goals
- Ability to analyze and select pertinent facts and integrate them into communication vehicles
- Strong writing skills, as well as advanced editorial skills
- Ability to apply market research to identify communication needs and target audiences
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including strong public speaking, listening and interpretive skills
- Effectively work with student body and staff
- Ability to provide lead work direction
The anticipated hiring range will be dependent upon qualifications and experience and will be as follows:
Hourly: $23.40 - $25.96
Bi-Weekly: $1,872.46 - $2,076.92
Annually: $48,684 - $54,000
For more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please view the link below:
http://www.csun.edu/careers/external-career-applicants and search for job ID# 7539
Applications received through May 8, 2018 will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
In order to be considered in the initial review, applications must be submitted prior to the date listed above. Application submissions received after the initial review date will be reviewed at the discretion of the USU.
The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual identity, sexual orientation, sexual expression, gender, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, disabled veteran, or Vietnam-era veteran status.