DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service Sling TV that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win it s in our DNA. We re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
This Marketing Lead will work within the Existing Customer Marketing department (Customer Retention). This group is the internal advocate for our customers in everything we do. When there is a business initiative that will impact our existing subscribers, Customer Retention becomes involved. We own and lead all marketing strategies and communications that go to existing DISH customers.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Manage the entire creative process of the television commercials that run to our existing customer base.
- Partner with both internal and external agencies, as well as major TV networks (including HGTV, Fox Sports, Disney and more), to create cobranded and integrated marketing commercials.
- Develop the marketing strategy, write scripts, work through concepts, and edit creatives for final placement on television.
- Manage budget for proper placement of commercials across appropriate daypart, cluster, networks, etc.
- Act as a project manager inter-departmentally by driving strategies, delivering assets, and obtaining approvals from various stakeholders within the business.
- Work with minimal supervision to identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategies to promote our products and services.
- Create and manage project plans, calendars, and communication checklists to organize successful delivery of commercial assets.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Marketing Lead, Customer Retention will have the following:
- Bachelor s degree in marketing or related field from a four-year college or university with 4+ years of experience.
- Experience working on the development of Television commercials required.
- Ability to develop relationships with cross-functional teams to work towards the same goal.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing principles to help communicate potential impacts to our customer base.
- Ability to learn quickly, prioritize and work under pressure, adapt to a rapidly changing environment, and demonstrate a sense of urgency.
- A history of facilitating projects from conception to delivery while also measuring success based on cost/benefit analysis.