Fulfill main marketing role, and spread the Poverello House brand to the community. Ensure all external communication pieces contain consistent brand image. Develop and implement content, goals, and objectives for organizations social media presence, which reflect the mission of the organization. Ensure proper functioning of special events at Poverello House, including but not limited to: fundraisers, press conferences, and presentations. Identify, manage, and drive donor research needs. Demonstrate outstanding service in all areas assigned to help protect the Poverello House brand. Promote and maintain a safe, secure and supportive mission-driven environment for clients and staff.
- Create social media content and analyze engagement patterns on facebook, twitter, Instagram and snapchat.
- Maintain and monitor Poverello House s various social media accounts.
- Assist and coordinate all aspects and logistics of special events.
- Communicate with external suppliers
- Assist in developing and preparing marketing materials that promote Poverello House, such as event announcements, invitations, programs, and signage.
- Support the creation, management, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic materials including announcements, photos, newsletter, and press releases.
- Analyze and monitor data collected in the Donor Management system.
- Attend and actively participate in training sessions and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Collaborate on creating campaign messaging to go out through various channels including social media, email and direct mail.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Sensitivity regarding homelessness, substance abuse, and or mental health issues required.
- Bachelor s Degree (B.A.) in Public Relations/Marketing or equivalent, or four to six years related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-2 years with donor/customer management software (preferably Raisers Edge )
Company DescriptionBelieving in the dignity of every person, at Poverello House we work to enrich the lives and spirits of all who pass our way by stewarding the resources made available to us through Providential and community support.
In the turbulence of the 1960s, a young man named Mike McGarvin was on the fast track to becoming one of the many casualties of the decade. Drugs, alcohol, violence and hopelessness were his daily companions, until he found a place in San Francisco called Poverello. The priest who ran the coffee house asked Mike to volunteer, and the experience changed his life. The San Francisco Poverello served people who were characterized by poverty and despair. It was a place where they could come to find acceptance, a smile, and unconditional love. There, Mike found the answer to his problem: Service to others.
Several years later, Mike married a wonderful woman, Mary and they moved to Fresno. He worked as a photographer, but was searching for a way to repay God for saving his life. The answer came when he noticed homeless people on the streets of Fresno. Mike knew what to do; he would hand out peanut butter sandwiches, talk to people, and let them know someone cared about them. Mike s small ministry soon grew, and other began to join and help. A storefront building was obtained, and he named it after the place that had saved him in San Francisco: Poverello House.
It was a simple storefront, but within those humble walls, \"Papa Mike\" offered coffee, food, and a brief respite from the streets. Despite the building burning down, evictions and financial insecurity, Poverello House continued to grow and provide essential services to the needy and homeless. In the 1990s Poverello House expanded to a larger building at its current location on 412 F Street, which allowed it to expand its services to meet the needs of the community.
Poverello House provides three meals a day, 365 days a year to men, women and families along with services that improve people s quality of life. These services include clothing distribution, emergency food bags, a medical clinic, the Men s Resident Rehabilitation program, temporary overnight shelter for men and women, and social services for individuals seeking to end their homelessness situation. Poverello House follows Papa Mike s philosophy: Listen with compassion, give with a warm heart and a smile.