Money Map Press, one of the fastest-growing financial news sites on the web and a company within The Agora network, is looking for a full-time in-house Media Specialist to work within its rapidly expanding production team. This role is based on The Agora’s main campus set in Baltimore City’s historic and cultural hub called Mount Vernon - where every day, roughly 1,200 people work as part of the organization.
In 2016 and 2017, Money Map Press was recognized as one of The Baltimore Sun’s Top Workplaces. You can learn more about life at Money Map Press by checking out their “Workplace Highlight” post on 14 West’s WestWord blog.
The successful candidate must have video production experience, the ability to work in all video formats and delivery systems, and know how to self-manage really well. And on top of that, you’ve got to be hungry to learn and be ready to work really hard. If these traits describe you, and you want to join one of Baltimore’s best places to work, then keep reading.
- Accurately editing audio and video promo from script.
- Maintaining and operating cameras, lights, microphones and studio equipment in studio and on field.
- Ensuring visual elements and quality standards are maintained across the entire video production process.
- Interacting with directors, producers and talent while remaining focused at all times.
- Collaborating with the art director, senior multimedia specialist, graphic designers and copywriters to plan, organize and execute projects.
- Degree in cinematography, video production, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience in TV studio production. Live streaming a plus.
- You’re proficient in all aspects of video production, e.g. editing of digital media (with Adobe Premiere), audio mixing and editing (audio clean-up, background music, sound effects) and shooting video.
- You’re a natural problem solver and won’t stop until you get your answers.
- You know how to multi-task and maintain poise under pressure.
- You appreciate big-picture ideas but you still pay extraordinary attention to the important details.
- You have a strong eye for design and an understanding of the editorial, production and storytelling processes, and what it takes to integrate these skills with high production value.
- You know Adobe Premiere, Adobe Audition, and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) like the back of your hand.
- We can count on you to transport and set up video and audio equipment both in the studio and in the field, including lighting.
- Knowledge of After Effects a big plus.
Money Map Press offers a wide variety of benefits, programs, and services to its employees, including but not limited to the following:
- A campus that offers state-of-the-art amenities and technology and some of the most jaw-dropping architecture in Baltimore.
- Competitive medical, vision, and dental insurance plans.
- 401(k) investment plan with employer matching Generous vacation time and paid holidays.
- Wellness programs, corporate discounts and a strong commitment to philanthropy.
- A culture that values new ideas and creativity, where you can be yourself but will also undoubtedly be pushed outside of your comfort zone.
- A strong sense of what’s important for the growth of the business, and a formal dress code isn’t on the list.
How to Apply: If you think you have what it takes to join one of the most innovative and passionate production teams in the city, and you want a rewarding opportunity to work with some of the most respected names in the business, send your application to the link provided and be sure to include a cover letter, your resume, and a link to your demo reel or examples of past work.
About Money Map Press
Money Map Press is a group of top experts focused on the global economy. Led by veteran publisher Mike Ward, they have one goal: to make investing profitable. Their subscribers get access to a team of investment experts with more than 250 years of combined experience who deliver analysis and actionable investing ideas to put subscribers on a path to greater wealth.
Working there can be heaven on Earth for someone who is hungry to learn and have a fun, fulfilling career.
But it’s not the place for everyone...
One of the qualities you need to possess to make it at Money Map Press is drive. And we mean “through-the-roof” kind of drive. The kind of drive that can – and has, actually – double a company’s size and revenues in just 18 months.
f passion drives everything you do, Money Map Press is looking for you.