This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play, and what will you be doing?
This producer for CNN’s morning show is responsible for both guest segments and field producing. Segments include interviews with newsmakers, panel discussions and reporters. Must pitch compelling and creative segment ideas on a daily basis. The producer needs strong editorial judgment with the ability to craft hard-hitting segment questions based on thorough research that help to shape the segment and lead to making news headlines. The producer must also be able to select key visual elements to ensure a highly-produced segment. Strong writing skills and a deep knowledge of politics are a must. Must have the ability to write package scripts on tight deadlines. This position requires someone with significant field experience who can crash field edits or set up live shots.
What do we need from you?
- 7+ years producing experience with both field and control room experience
- Extensive script writing experience
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
- Requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and entertaining ways to present information, new angles to approach stories, and the organization skills to bring it all together
- Outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic are critical for the position
-Extensive experience in covering politics
But wait, there’s more!
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.