p3 (p3maine.com) is a full-service production and post-production company that focuses primarily on creating commercial video content for B2C and B2B clients. This includes both live-action scripted and docu content as well as motion GFX and animation. At p3, we focus on themes like truth, nuance, intention, restraint, authenticity and humor.
An ideal candidate for the role of Production Manager should have experience in video production and/or an agency setting. Reporting directly to the Executive Producer, the Production Manager is responsible for managing projects from start to finish. This includes front-facing client relations AND rear-facing team management. A successful Production Manager will know how to put the work first, exceeding expectations both internally and externally by ensuring that everything is completed on time and on budget. p3 prides itself on not only the quality of work we create but also the experience of creating it. We are looking for someone who can help us elevate our project/client management capabilities to the next level.
For the most part, the Production Manager will work from our studio in Portland, Maine, but from time to time travel will be required. We film all over the country and sometimes internationally. With docu-style shoots, the Production Manager may be called on to do research and conduct on-camera interviews. With scripted shoots, the Production Manager may be called on to play the role of “Line Producer” – managing all aspects of production logistics.
We are a team that does whatever it takes to get the job done, and this means being flexible when the situation calls for it. So whether it's a coffee run, casting call, client edit session or anything else in between, the Production Manager needs to always be ready for and willing to tackle the next challenge.
You would be a good candidate if:
- You have at least 2 years experience in an agency or production/post-production setting
- You are extremely well-organized and excel in a fast-paced environment
- You can speak confidently to clients, anticipating needs before they come up
- You are a strong writer who can communicate with a direct but deft touch
- You are a “figure it out” person who can work independently to find creative solutions
- You are a team player who does whatever it takes to get the job done
- You're not afraid to speak up, especially if it will result in improved company processes and practices
- You relish an opportunity to create videos that people want to watch
- You like the idea of each day being a little bit different than the previous
- You have a solid understanding of how both production and post-production work. This means: you know what a gaffer does on set AND you know why it’s of the utmost importance to have a “locked cut” before moving to “finishing.”
Interested in applying? Please submit a resume, cover letter (with salary requirement), and references. Thanks!