As a Proposal Specialist for Insight, you will enter a high-energy and tech savvy world. We are looking for someone who is a team player, an excellent communicator and has experience preparing and producing RFP's for large, complex I.T. sales opportunities. If you're a strong leader who is self-starting, a great problem-solver, and has exemplary organizational and writing skills, then you could be the perfect fit!
As a Proposal Specialist, you can expect to:
- Multi-task You will collaborate with your proposal team and develop multiple proposal responses for assigned bid opportunities. You will be interacting with people at all levels of the company including Sales, Technical and Services Organizations.
- Take Ownership You will develop a practical knowledge of Insight's offerings including Hardware, Software, and Services, manage Insight's Proposal Governance Process and oversee production and on-time delivery of RFP's to clients. You will ensure the proposal team follows all bid processes and coordinate the review process.
- Be a Leader You will manage your proposal team by scheduling and facilitating team meetings, communicating and tracking assignments, and controlling/completing the proposal response documents from initial draft to final submission.
- Be Challenged Your job is never done as a Proposal Specialist. You will manage and drive larger, more complex and important strategic opportunities within the marketplace. You will participate in sales opportunity reviews and help guide sales strategies and consult and present bid/no-bid recommendations all in the same day.
- Use your knowledge This position requires a broad understanding of legal, bid and contract management processes to mitigate risks to Insight. This also requires working knowledge and experience responding to bids that include I.T. Hardware, Software and Professional Services.
- Share in the company's success This is a full time position that includes a base salary, and benefits package.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in General Business, Marketing, English, Communications (or equivalent).
- Five years professional work experience in an I.T. bid/proposal development environment.
- Excellence in technical writing and outstanding editing skills.
- Previous experience scheduling time with flexibility to handle varying workloads while meeting tight deadlines.
- Exemplary organizational skills including accuracy, timeliness and detail oriented with the ability to work well under pressure managing multiple activities and meeting established goals in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work well with various levels within the organization.
- Extensive experience with desktop publishing and document formatting tools including Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, SharePoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- A high level of energy and a positive professional attitude.
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Insight's success begins with our people making meaningful connections every day. Our culture lives in our teammates. Insight is looking for great people who will embrace our values of Hunger, Heart and Harmony. Hunger to create new opportunities for our clients. Heart to make a positive impact in people's lives. Harmony to celebrate each other's unique contributions to bring solutions to clients.
Join our team as we work to deliver the best solutions through Intelligent Technology SolutionsTM, the new IT.
- Global technology provider of IT hardware, software and service solutions
- Fortune 500 company founded in 1988 with clients around the globe
- $5.5 billion in revenue for 2016
- 6,400+ teammates worldwide
- 2017 Arizona's Most Admired Companies (AZ Business Magazine), 2016 Best Places to Work (Phoenix Business Journal)
- 2017 Dell EMC Titanium Black Partner, 2016 HP US Personal Systems Reseller of the Year, 2016 Cisco Gold Certification in North America, Microsoft's largest global partner
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Chicago || Illinois (US-IL) || United States (US) || OPS || None || US - Austin, TX; US - Chicago, IL; US - Phoenix, AZ ||
IND123 #GLDR #LI-PJ1