The Proposal Specialist will support responses to federal government requests for proposals (RFPs) in coordination with Blackstone Federal's Sales Team. The Specialist will work closely with Proposal Manager, Capture Manager, Chief Technology Officer, Solution Architects, and Technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs). To excel in this role, the Proposal Specialist must be able to write and edit technical, IT-focused proposals to include writing and editing technical, management, past performance, and executive summary sections. The Proposal Specialist must be able to interview SMEs, lead and participate in brainstorming/storyboarding sessions, develop annotated outlines and compliance matrices. Additionally, the Proposal Coordinator must be able to write white papers and other technical/marketing documentation. A Technical background in IT is not required but is preferred.
Duties performed will include, but not be limited to the following:
* Interview SMEs in sufficient detail to document and present compelling offerings relevant to RFP requirements
* Conduct technical research to develop annotated outlines and produce proposal sections
* Develop well-organized, compelling content for proposals, corporate capabilities statements, presentations, and white papers
* Act with significant autonomy and leadership when working with operations personnel and SMEs to compile and enhance their proposal contributions
* Organize source material and write compelling proposal material according to the RFP requirements and customer needs regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
* Develop re-useable content for future proposals by working with SMEs, operational personnel and the proposal team
* Perform in-depth review and editing of draft responses for clarity, technical accuracy, continuity, readability, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure and spelling
* Work with graphic designers to develop graphic depictions of technical content to support proposal sections
Work Experience/Skills Requirements:
* At least 2 years of experience in technical or proposal writing and editing in an IT field in support of the Federal Government, OR 2 years of experience supporting Federal IT projects while providing significant technical writing support
* Mastery of the English language including spelling, composition, and grammar
* Strong proofreading and editing skills
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Expert skills in Microsoft Word and experience with all other Microsoft Office applications
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Excellent time management and task prioritization skills
* Ability to meet tight deadlines
Education and/or Certification Requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree
* Shipley or APMP certification (preferred but not required)
Blackstone Technology Group (www.bstonetech.com) is a privately-held, software, global IT and business consulting firm. Founded in 1998 and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Washington DC. Denver, Houston, and Colorado Springs. Blackstone's three business divisions consist of technical and management consulting, technical staff augmentation, and is the leader in web-based gas transaction management software for the natural gas industry. Blackstone's implements innovative IT and business process solutions that help its clients address industry challenges, achieve cost containment, and transform their business models within their respective commercial and public service marketplaces. Blackstone has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results, with a noteworthy client list that includes many Fortune 1000 businesses and US Federal Government and California State Agencies.
Blackstone Technology Group is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Blackstone Technology Group participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with the information for each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Blackstone Technology Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you would like to work for an innovative, forward thinking company that possesses a multi-talented, diverse, and thriving professional community, we would love to hear from you! Apply today!
If you are an individual with a disability or disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us at ...@bstonetech.com. This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use or require assistance with the online tools as the result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes.