The UPS Store, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of UPS is the world's largest franchisor of retail shipping, postal, printing and business service centers. The UPS Store has over 5,000 independently owned locations in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada. If you're looking for an exciting and dynamic career opportunity, we want to hear from you!
The Public Relations & Social Media Manager leads and manages all public relations activities and social media for The UPS Store, Inc. in the United States. He/She actively overseas all elements of public relations and social media for the entire network of about 4,600 retail/franchised locations. The role is an integral part of The UPS Store, Inc. marketing department located in San Diego, CA and works closely with UPS Public Relations in Atlanta, GA. The role is well suited for a collaborative and innovative leader who loves PR and Social Media, enjoys discovering ways for continuous improvement in this area of our business and delivering results.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversees the development and execution of breakthrough social media plans, as well as, the continual monitoring of activity and trends
- Leads, manages and develops a team of two employees, as well as, a PR agency and Social Media firm
- Develops an annual PR and Social Media plan that is aligned with the marketing strategy, budget and email generation goals
- Manages and leads all PR crisis management effectively
- Writes and distributes press releases, talking points, case studies, blogs, etc.
- Actively works with UPS PR to ensure consistent messaging and alignment
- Works collaboratively with Franchise sales to support SERM and sales objectives
- Integrates initiatives and projects with all areas of marketing including advertising, communications, digital and product development
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience working within a franchise system
- Strong decision making capabilities and good judgment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing a PR firm and a Social Media agency
- Experience interacting directly with the media and have the ability to serve as a spokesperson
- Operates well under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to manage large on-site events and travel as needed
- Minimum of 8 years of both Public Relations and Social Media experience - Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Journalism, Public Relations, Business
- Administration, Communications or related field - Preferred
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.