West Creek 6 (12076), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Art Director
We’re looking for an experienced art director who can craft strategically grounded, insight-driven work for our Talent Marketing creative team. The right candidate is a champion of original ideas, has exceptional design chops, an integrated marketing background, and understands how to create powerful visual stories across multiple channels. If you’re ready to put those skills to work in a fun, challenging and highly collaborative environment, we’d love to have you on our team!
You should be able to:
- Create work that persuasively conveys marketing objectives.
- Be comfortable designing for print, digital/mobile, social, out-of-home, and video content.
- Understand how to speak brand and marketing. We want someone who sees the bigger picture and helps others see it too.
- Brainstorm with a team to generate ideas and creative concepts.
- Collaborate with internal account executives, other Brand team members, and line-of-business clients to help formulate marketing strategy.
- Be self-organized and able to manage multiple deadlines on numerous, concurrent projects.
- Have strong presentation skills—you will be expected to articulate and sell your work.
- Have a positive attitude and work well in a classic art director/copywriter partnership. A good sense of humor never hurts.
- Have strong integrated thinking skills.
- Consistently deliver quality work on time.
- Demonstrates industry and conceptual diversity, examples should be from all channels and represent different types of marketing from awareness to direct. Work should show evidence of “thinking outside the box” while achieving business goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience.
- At least 6 years art direction experience.