You know that scene in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade where Sean Connery squirts ink in the bad guy's eye and his homie Marcus Brody says, "Henry, don't you see, the pen is mightier than the sword"? This job is exactly like that. But in other words, 160over90 is looking for a senior copywriter to focus on crafting stories for everything from 64-page viewbooks to billboards to television scripts. You’ll work alongside really talented designers to build new brands or further develop established ones. And you’ll get to present your own work to clients. It will be fun, we promise.
- Interview clients and other sources for information in order to generate strategies, concepts, and copy
- Conduct primary and secondary research in order to fully understand a client’s business
- Work in collaboration with account managers, creative directors, production, designers, public relations, developers, and other creative/interactive personnel to generate marketing plans, concepts, outlines, site maps, and manuscripts
- Write, edit and proofread copy, with a broad expertise in all forms of copywriting (i.e. long-form storytelling, compelling shorter form for advertising, organized and informative writing for websites, etc.)
- Attend and supervise photography, film, and editing sessions in order to complete creative concepts
- Present concepts and copy at internal check-ins and client presentations
- Adhere to timelines and managing priorities to meet milestones and deadlines
- Maintain a semi-professional demeanor toward co-workers at all times.
- Lead collaborating sessions, organizing assignments, etc.
- Mentor other team members, especially other copywriters
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience writing in an agency setting
- Solid portfolio showing a range of concepts, ideas + work
- Be a nice human