Develop game-changing marketing strategies that tie engagement to the bottom line
Blue State Digital is seeking digital marketing experts to apply for Senior Strategist in our London office.
At BSD, this role will be responsible for –
- Developing strategic plans for organisations adapting to the digital age
- Identifying tactics and and approaches for utilising digital channels to achieve client marketing goals and audience needs
- Analysing client capabilities and processes to identify areas for improvement and efficiency
- Facilitating strategic workshops, presentations and stakeholder interviews
- Analysis of marketing performance, including funnel optimisation, conversion metrics and digital channel effectiveness
- A knowledge of marketing automation and CRM. Experience of acquisition planning desirable but not essential.
- Surfacing and translating insights and data into actionable tests and pilots
- Advising on investments, segmentation and priorities
- Leading the thinking and strategy on complex accounts and priority new business opportunities
Your background should be in marketing, fundraising, direct marketing, or CRM. Financial sector, charity or political experience is a bonus (but not essential). We're seeking a professional who can lead work on some of our key accounts, collaborating with account leads and creative teams to develop effective marketing, fundraising, digital experience and advocacy programmes. The ideal candidate will be excited by helping clients transform how they do marketing, use data to direct business decisions, and be able to help them prioritise and consider the right options for them, in light of audience needs, previous performance and best practice.
This is a role for someone eager to get their hands dirty in workshops, pitches, presentations, and document creation – this is a job for a thinker and a do-er.
You know you’re right for this job if you’ve had traditional agency experience and it’s left you wanting more.
- Conduct maturity assessments on client marketing, digital or CRM programmes
- Develop digital strategies at the campaign and organisation level for large clients
- Partner with clients and assist them in setting realistic objectives for digital, prioritising investments, and understanding relevant audiences
- Define the role of digital in the context of a client’s marketing funnel, with an eye towards driving conversion and retention
- Advise clients on the latest digital engagement tactics, KPIs and metrics, and channel strategies
- Conduct analyses on client’s current situation and performance, and be able to create future recommendations on these areas
- Both assess and consult on the client’s use of data to conduct marketing and develop communications
- Participate in, and often lead, workshops with clients to generate ideas and approaches
- Lead qualitative research processes such as stakeholder interviews, ethnographic research, and site visits
- Articulate strategies in memos and decks, and present work persuasively and clearly to clients
- Work with account leads, data analysts, and creative teams to ensure plans are actionable and effective
- Stay aware of the latest trends and approaches in the digital world, and bring a view of best practices and benchmarks
This person will report to the Strategy Director in London. They will have significant autonomy in setting the vision and priorities for their clients, working closely with account directors, business development directors, and creatives.
The top things we're looking for
- 5+ years combined experience in a relevant field (such as marketing strategy, CRM, fundraising or analytics / customer insights)
- Experience leading a variety of strategy projects, from research-based, to marketing-objective-led
- Expert in contemporary digital marketing and engagement programs
- Demonstrated experience with generating and measuring marketing performance & long term impact
- Client-facing experience and presentation skills
- Willing to fight for good ideas, but always a team player.
- Humble in victory, constructive in defeat.
- Able to think on feet.
- Self-starter, driven, focused, eager.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelors’ degree required.
Blue State Digital is a purpose-driven creative and tech agency. We transform how brands and causes engage their most important people. From Google to UNICEF, from Obama to MIT, from Tate Modern to Ford Motor Company, Blue State Digital helps grow communities, build platforms, and transform organizations for the digital age. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State Digital is a part of WPP Digital and has more than 200 employees in six offices around the world.