NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
The newly created position, Sr. Director of Marketing, will
identify, develop and implement strategic media buying initiatives in consumer
and trade media to achieve marketing goals for each first-run and off-network
series at launch and throughout the broadcast season. The position will also be
responsible for leading the marketing support of the division’s ad sales team.
Additionally, the Sr. Director of Marketing will lead TV Distribution’s participation
in NBCUniversal Symphony initiatives.
The right candidate is an experienced media strategist who
demonstrates a deep knowledge of traditional and grassroots media with a
concentration in digital on both a national and local market level. The ideal
candidate has established relationships at leading social media and digital
companies. The right candidate has a solid knowledge of broadcast syndication
and will work closely with the research team to monitor ratings and analyze
ROI. This role also works closely with the Sr. Director of Affiliate Marketing
to complement local station media buys and promotions.
The Sr. Director of Marketing is TV Distribution’s primary
contact for all cross-channel NBCUniversal Symphony initiatives. This person is
the liaison between the company’s marketing council representatives and each of
TV Distribution’s first-run production teams with the goal of maximizing on-air
editorial, digital and experiential exposure for company-wide initiatives. This
person will build and maintain strong relationships with marketing leaders in
all divisions of NBCUniversal to ensure optimal promotional support for each
The Sr. Director will have experience supporting ad sales
initiatives including working with ad sales and research teams to develop
impactful, customized sales presentations and planning client events. The role
includes working closely with ad sales executives to understand and service
their individual client sales goals.
The Sr. Director works cross-functionally with all
departments at the corporate level in the NBCUniversal Television Distribution
division including affiliate marketing, ad sales, station sales, programming,
publicity, legal and business affairs, and show executive producers,
supervising producers and digital staff as well as the marketing department’s
The right candidate must be team-oriented with a positive
and enthusiastic work style.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement impactful media buying strategies
for each first-run syndication series including ACCESS HOLLYWOOD, Harry
Connick, Jr. (HARRY) Steve Harvey (STEVE), Maury Povich (MAURY), THE STEVE
WILKOS SHOW and JERRY SPRINGER. Concentrate on earned media as well as
Work closely with NBCUniversal’s media buying agency to ensure media strategies are delivering on local market and national goals.
Collaborate with the Sr. Director of Affiliate Marketing with regard to all local station media plans and promotion initiatives. Oversee national and local contents and sweepstakes as needed.
- Focus on opportunities in the digital space.
- Liaise with creative marketing executives across all divisions of NBCUniversal to maximize editorial support for company-wide initiatives. Work with show executive producers to secure on-air and online exposure.
- Develop upfront presentations for ad sales in collaboration with sales and research executives.
- Develop bespoke ad sales client presentations.
- Oversee sales events and conferences as needed.
- Monitor initiatives and evaluate effectiveness of campaigns.
- Track and maintain media budgets.
- Collaborate with all TV Distribution departments at the corporate level.
- Institute best practices for media planning and buying.
- 5 years experience working in media planning, digital marketing, ad sales, promotion with an emphasis in TV syndication or related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, social sciences, and/or statistics or other related field of study.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office.
- External applicants are encouraged to submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must be 18 years or greater
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Consummate team player who excels at multi-tasking in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Passion for the entertainment business
- Strong relationship building ability
- Demonstrated ability to think clearly and quickly under pressure
- Self-Starter who is proactive, enthusiastic and highly motivated
- Contributes to a positive and engaged work environment