We at Guru (www.weareguru.com) are looking for an experienced Project Manager (preferably with experience working in the food/beverage consumer packaged goods space) to join our team and hit the ground running. The candidate who would excel here is compassionate, humble, and excited about the potential of building brands, campaigns and experiences for our clients. We are looking for someone capable of relationship building with a long-term outlook for success and an eye for detail as well as clear communication capabilities.
She or he will be responsible for establishing overall roadmaps and then driving multiple projects through strategy, creative development, final production and delivery. This person will be responsible for managing both the client expectations and the internal teams to ensure we are delivering on time and on budget. This individual will report to the Account Lead and Managing Director who oversee the agency / client relationship from the most senior level.
Furthermore, the Sr. Project Manager will be a great communicator, a creative problem solver and team leader who brings multi-disciplined teams together to deliver successful, brand-driven experiences. They thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business environment and have a proven ability to adapt to changing priorities and strict deadlines.
On the whole, this is an office-based role and you will spend time in meetings and briefings, as well as remaining in close contact with key clients. Occasional travel is required for client visits, new-business presentations, planning and brief taking.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Staying abreast of industry best practices for digital design and processes, and gather sufficient information to support suitable digital design for any given project platform and technology.
- KPI-tracking and reporting
- Must have deep advertising or marketing experience
- Great educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering for technical project managers
- Proven working experience as a project administrator in the consumer packaged goods sector (food/beverage experience a plus)
- Solid digital background, with understanding or hands-on experience in integrated marketing development, social media and web technologies
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong ability to get things done on time and accurately, both personally and monitoring others.
- High emotional intelligence, be able to anticipate needs, strong intuition.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Background in advertising, design or marketing.
- Full awareness of creative processes and techniques – including digital platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, or Business-related field.
- Compassionate, Understanding, Passionate
- Adobe Suite a plus
- PMP certification is a plus
- Time commitment and compensation to be determined based on skills and experience.