We are seeking a smart and experienced digital professional to join our amazing New York digital team. We have an opportunity for a Senior Vice President to lead social media strategy and implementation for a global consumer electronics brand. This person will be responsible for developing an enterprise and brand-level social media strategy, managing a multi-disciplinary account team, and collaborating in an inter-agency setting to concept and activate integrated marketing programs. You will have the incredible opportunity to strengthen relationships with key client partners, uncover opportunities for growth, manage and motivate a team of 50 cross-functional Edelman employees to keep the client on the bleeding edge of what’s next.
Edelman Digital is the digital advisory and integrated marketing arm of the world’s largest communications marketing firm. Our global staff, in over 65 offices worldwide, is built to manage the complexity of modern marketing and online reputation, using a data-driven social-first storytelling approach designed to deliver real-time business results. We believe in exploring future-forward technology to advance the stories we tell. The output of our work delivers experiences that transform culture, reputation and relationships to inspire real-world action between brands and consumers.
Edelman Digital is truly an integrated marketing consultancy. The results we’ve delivered for our clients have been the driver of our rapid growth. Today, Edelman has more than one thousand digital specialists globally. Our efforts in social media alone have given us the opportunity to reach more than 250 million people through the management of more 850 communities. We’re inspired by this growth and the excitement and challenges of an always evolving digital.
THIS ROLE IS BASED IN NYC-RELOCATION IS AVAILaBLE
Your Key Responsibilities
• Day-to-day contact for senior level clients to strengthen relationships, providing quick, strategic solutions on anything/everything social
• Be a strong voice in every room—a trusted resource for clients to bring into meetings with senior level stakeholders
• Stay current on the latest social technology and functionality to serve as a go-to resource for the client and internal team
• Spot, anticipate, and convert opportunities for growing the business beyond signed scopes
• Lead and energize a large, cross-functional team amidst extremely tight timelines and shifting client feedback/priorities
• Exhibit a solid understanding of all components of large integrated marketing campaigns, such as advertising, paid media, digital, social, loyalty, experiential, and retail
• Lead internal team communications and provide connectivity across Edelman offices
• Liaise and collaborate with external agency partners, and communicate cross-discipline deliverables and expectations Some of the qualifications we are seeking in a Senior Vice President
• We are looking for someone with deep social media expertise both from a strategy and execution standpoint. The ideal candidate will be a blend of Digital Strategist + Social Platform Expert + Account Manager.
• An experienced account manager to interface with senior clients, drive programs forward, and mobilize and motivate account teams • Ideal candidate will have experience working on behalf of an OEM, a carrier, a media/entertainment company or a global consumer brand.
• An accomplished strategist who is experienced leading social media strategy/programs at scale on behalf of top brands.
• Ability to translate social media trends, technologies and strategies
• Ability to transition effortlessly from visionary leader to hands-on executor as situations demand it
• Must have strong creative mind and experience creating relevant and engaging programs
• Ideal candidate will have experience working on behalf of an OEM, a carrier, a media/entertainment company or a global consumer brand.
• Basic qualifications include 10+ years experience in social media marketing and experience with digital at-large (web, CRM, paid, content) and a bachelors degree