Foods people love. The life you imagined. And the culinary capital.
We are writing a new chapter in our journey; Nestlé USA has opened its new U.S. headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, directly across from Washington, D.C. As a part of this extraordinary moment, you have the opportunity to help build the Nestlé USA of today, and tomorrow as our Strategic Design Manager.
Our new home in the D.C. area offers close proximity to world class restaurants, shopping, and museums. You are steps away from the world’s largest museum, the Smithsonian, and renowned national landmarks such as the Washington Monument.
Nestlé USA is transforming what we do, how we do it, and where we work. Now is the time to define your future, and ours, too. Find your fulfilling personal and professional life, matched with our competitive benefits, focus on innovation and limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career.
Discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
The Strategic Design Manager is the Design co-pilot or functional expert who drives design thinking for the assigned strategic brand(s). The role will support the Head of Design by leading strategic design initiatives and design thinking within the division brand teams and direct design projects from conception through design lock, working with external design resources. This role will provide project leadership to affect design objectives and strategy, quality, efficiency and market competitiveness. Will lead and ensure we have effective design agency relationships. Support Marketing and Business managers in effectively applying Nestle Ways of Working to visual communications, and support the development of the company/brand image in line with stated ambition.
- Provide project leadership to affect design objectives and strategy, quality, efficiency and cost-effectiveness, and market competitiveness
- Establish strong partnerships with strategic design agencies and adaptation agencies to ensure Nestle receives high quality service and consumer driven design that is breakthrough yet delivered efficiently
- Partner with brand team to create design strategies and translate them into effective design briefs to ensure design meets business objectives
- Directs design projects from conception through design lock, working with external design resources and internal functions. Support design strategy for (but not limited to):
- Packaging/Display Unit Design
- Visual brand identities
- Conceptual Design & Research
- Print Collateral/Coupons/FSIs
- Digital Assets
Minimal supervision; candidate should be a self-starter, able to work independently. Work will be directed by Chief Marketing Officer and the Head of Design.
No direct reports.
This position can influence and improve the capabilities of the team COE and divisions to improve overall implementation success of Design & Packaging initiatives across NUSA.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- 8+ years experience in design or consumer marketing with training or deep experience in design or equivalent FMCG, or 6+ years design agency experience in account management, strategic planning, and/or art direction. Ideally experience in both.
- Experience in leading and managing creative teams, cross-functional teams, managing agency relationships, and deep experience managing packaging design projects from concept to brief development through to print execution
- Strong strategic and creative background with leadership skills.
- Ability to provide strong POV, evaluate creative and provide actionable creative direction feedback to agencies.
- At ease and confident working with cross functional and cross cultural teams
- Ability and experience partnering with marketing to develop strategies connected to business objectives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Executive leadership characteristics with regard to:
- Personal integrity
- Strategic thinking
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively address all levels within the organization.
- Coordinate the execution of company-wide communications and champion change.
- Create and develop innovative ways to communicate HR initiatives to employees.
- Focus on client needs with a commitment to quality and innovation.
- Effectively handles pressures and demands from multiple customers and competing priorities.
- Results oriented, team building and development.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.