About the Digital Health Practice:
The Digital Health team is an entrepreneurial, energized group of more than 50 strategists around the world who offer a unique understanding of both the healthcare and digital landscapes. The team uses this knowledge to push our pharmaceutical clients forward in the digital and social space, leading to some of the most progressive, award-winning work in the industry. In fact, our programs have been featured on-stage at Cannes, and also as the recipient of a number of industry awards including SABRES, CLIOs, Stevie’s, Communique and PR News, among others. The Digital Health team manages a great deal of global integrated campaigns, social activations, and digital consulting assignments - everything from mobile best practices to emerging tech to digital innovation to social content, targeting and measurement. We are also the digital and social AOR for several major Rx brands, which means we lead both digital development, strategy and branded social media execution.
MS: No Filter
SVP Digital Health
We are hiring a Senior Vice President to lead key accounts and provide Leadership and management of large-scale digital and social engagements
Expertise across all social platforms and best practices
Experience working in an IAT environment as digital and social strategists
Ideal candidates have previous Rx branded social media and digital experience and are motivated, proactive team players who are strong in account management, content development and creative thinking.
The Senior Vice President serves as a primary day-to-day client contact and manages multiple account teams, efficiently servicing each of these accounts simultaneously. S/he possesses a thorough understanding of the client's business, industry, and issues and serves as a trusted strategic counselor to senior clients.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop and implement digital health engagement campaigns for our top-tier pharmaceutical clients
- Implement social content publishing models for clients, including educating (and selling) clients on content creation/syndication, paid amplification and building/overseeing an editorial team that can scale as required.
- Design and implement interactive elements of complex digital/social media engagement campaigns, collaborating with traditional and digital media leadership teams.
- Provide company-wide insight on emerging trends and online developments as they affect healthcare companies using digital channels Identify and participate in thought leadership opportunities to help promote the firm’s digital health capabilities
- Participate in new business pitch development and presentations.
- Understand industry issues that directly and indirectly affect the client, particularly the regulatory landscape and its implications on the healthcare industry’s use of social media.
- Identify ways in which to measure success against campaign goals and achievable outcomes.
- Determine methods for which to obtain that data and present the key measurements and analysis to clients as well as internal account and management staff. Generate new ideas and opportunities to ensure client program success
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree; 12+ years agency experience Experience leading and managing large-scale branded social media campaigns Expertise across all social platforms and best practices Experience working in an IAT environment as digital and social strategists Solid understanding of technology + platforms, particularly the implications of emerging technology in the healthcare industry Full understanding of regulatory guidelines & governance requirements Experience implementing branded social campaigns Ability to assess feasibility of tactic, creative, or module in regulatory environment Ability to convince legal, regulatory and medical to allow for certain types of content Full understanding of precedent across existing branded social pages Full understanding of healthcare/pharma business Deep understanding of product intricacies: MOA, patient support programs, cost issues, science, etc. Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, online services, and AP style writing is essential
At Weber Shandwick, our mission is to be "engaging, always." We're always looking for people who want to join us in our pursuit and be part of a team that delivers on that promise. We’re going beyond traditional lines to integrate social, digital, advertising, content, PR, corporate reputation and public affairs. So we need different kinds of people, and all with special talents. We're constantly looking for more of them.
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and engagement firm in 79 cities across 34 countries, with a network extending to 127 cities in 81 countries. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, corporate social responsibility, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.