Job summary: Adweek, the marketing industry's leading publication, is seeking a tech reporter to work at the company’s headquarters in New York City. Applicants should have an interest in how technology is upending the media industry. We’re looking for someone with an interest in how brands, publishers, agencies, and platforms are researching, building and incorporating technologies like artificial intelligence or Internet of Things into their businesses.
• Covering breaking news on Adweek.com and writing frequently for Adweek magazine
• Collaborating closely with the six other members of the Tech desk, along with the team editor and staffers from across the newsroom
• Covering major marketing events both in New York City and around the world (Cannes, Dmexco, Mobile World Congress, CES, SXSW, etc.)
• Occasionally appearing on Adweek's podcasts and representing the publication via appearances on other news programs
• Noting and analyzing trends that are shaping how brand marketing intersects with technology
• Building a strong network of technology vendor, digital agency and in-house consumer brand sources
• Planning and occasionally appearing in original news videos, whether live or pre-recorded
• Occasionally participating as a planner, participant and moderator at Adweek-hosted events
• Helping develop new products and initiatives to maintain Adweek's role as an industry leader in innovative journalism
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field
• Either a strong understanding of the brand marketing world or a healthy willingness to learn
• Proficient in AP style, grammar and narrative storytelling
To apply, please attach your resume, cover letter and a minimum of three strong, applicable articles previously published under your byline.