The CMG Technical Account Manager acts as the technical counterpart for Account Manager troubleshooting and as operates as the sales engineer for client SPOCs. The CMG TAM operates as the technical expert for integrating and delivering ad creative types across properties.
The CMG TAM collaborates with AM's and acts as a bridge to Ad Platforms, Creative Services and various other departments that may be more technical in nature than AM focus. The CMG TAM internal KPIs include: customer satisfaction score, advanced ad opportunity execution, product launch support, troubleshooting time and resolution rate.
Ad System and Campaign Troubleshooting– 55%
- Assist AM's in troubleshooting go-live issues or campaign performance or delivery issues
- Ensure successful resolution of daily issues escalated to/by Digital Ad Account Managers within defined SLA for markets
- Work with various ad creative teams and 3rd party vendors to ensure ad creative standards are met, creative are tested, new ad vendors are vetted, tested and approved before
- Effectively communicate technical ideas or system settings to non-technical audiences
- Manage escalation queue for publisher ad specific issues
CMG Product Pipeline – 30%
- Liaise with all O&O Ad Ops, AI&O and Yield to ensure technical and system changes are managed across O&O business units
- Work with Ad Platform and Ad System groups to ensure new CMG digital product launches successfully migrate digital ad campaigns, mitigating risk to advertisers and revenue while ensuring efficiency for Digital Ad Ops Account Management team
- Assist in 3rd party vendor testing as needed
Campaign Fulfillment Support – 15%
- Assist Digital Ad Account Management team with order fulfillment for advertisers as additional support is required
- Liaise with DCM and AM to ensure advertiser success across CMG digital product suite. Implement changes, assist in testing or troubleshooting as required.
Core Skillset -
- Excellent listening, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across levels within an organization.
- Strong work ethic
- Working experience with standard debugging tools
- Ability to complete tasks independently but collaborate within the position's business unit and across external teams
- Bachelors degree OR equivalent experience required
- Preference to BS or focused education in digital advertising and/or web development
- 2-3 years relevant experience
- 3+ years in Ad Operations experience preferred
Preferred additional experience:
- Ability to learn new technology, systems and business processes
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Experience providing technical support for software or web-based products
- Proficiency in MS Office, including strength with Excel
- IAB Digital Ad Ops certification preferred
- Digital ad sales tools or SaaS experience in any of the following is ideal: DFP/DSM/DCM, Operative, NCS, Yieldex, SalesForce, or Wide Orbit
- Experience from a traditional media company (newspaper, radio, broadcast) is a plus