Rubenstein (www.Rubenstein.com) is a family-owned strategic communications firm with a rich legacy and an ambitious vision: To be essential problem solvers and partners to the world’s most innovative and interesting people and organizations.
Rubenstein seeks a Vice President, Entertainment, to provide strategic counsel and media relations for a variety of clients in the entertainment space, focusing on entertainment properties as well as corporate communications specifically for television, film, web series and lifestyle.
A background in television and film publicity is required, and experience in corporate and crisis communications for entertainment entities is preferred. Experience generating publicity for original series, movies – theatrical and documentary, television specials, digital channels, premium cable and streaming networks is required. Some music and lifestyle offerings apply as well.
Rubenstein’s clientele includes; global corporations, media and entertainment companies, financial services organizations, educational and cultural institutions, law firms, health care providers, not-for-profit organizations, real estate concerns, business executives and public figures.
- Craft and implement strategic, publicity-oriented media plans, communications programs, and event publicity
- Lead corporate communications for clients; craft, manage and implement communications programs for clients, involving media relations, strategic positioning and planning, message development, corporate communications, special events and influencer engagement
- Lead campaigns for film and TV titles
- Run festival and specialized-audience campaigns for films
- Serve as counselor and strategist for client; maintain client health and account growth
- Cultivate, establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of national, local and trade media
- Write creative and effective press materials, campaign plans and communication materials
- Design and execute long-range communications strategies that raise the profile of the client and its executives with national publications; secure executive placement on prestigious industry panels and seminars
- Draft messaging and talking points for senior management presentations and talent appearances, including preparing executives and talent for press interviews
- Oversee content creation, dissemination of press materials, and the management of media relationships
- Plan and execute red carpet events and junkets for premieres, awards and other programming specials
- Provide guidance to team members on effective pitching, account workflow and general account management
- Identify and assess new business leads; participate in new business development initiatives
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong relationships with media outlets on local and national level; proven record in delivering PR results across print, online and broadcast
- Excellent writing and presentation skills; proven ability to communicate with a diverse group of people and audiences; agility and versatility to stretch across client sectors; ability to effectively present work to colleagues and clients at all levels
- Demonstrated proficiency and affinity for social media / digital tools and platforms, and the eagerness to learn and stay current in the digital space
- Strong understanding of primary and secondary audiences
- Effective managerial and project management skills
- Ability to think critically, creatively and develop new and interesting ideas
- Ability to manage time, multi-task and move quickly with efficiency and attention to detail while ensuring deadlines are met
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; focused on team success and collaboration
- Proven ability to generate agency revenue through organic growth and new business wins is a plus
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- 8-10 years of client and media relations experience within the Entertainment space (TV/Film)
- Bachelor’s degree required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
Rubenstein is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.