As the VP of Marketing you will lead all aspects of our strategic marketing function to support our robust portfolio of print and digital world language education products. In this capacity, you are responsible for engineering go-to-market strategies, product marketing, corporate branding, customer & competitive intelligence insights, and ensuring that sales teams have the right strategic messaging, information, tools and training to win. The VP of Marketing is, above all, a product champion and is charged with delivering innovative, reputation building marketing initiatives that will maximize revenue and drive engagement across product lines. As such, you leverage your understanding of the technical and pedagogical complexity of our products and translate these into value storytelling across a variety of audiences and effectively teach others to do so as well. As a critical contributor, you are relied on to provide exemplary partnership and thought leadership to internal stakeholders in Marketing, Sales, Support, Product Management and, Editorial to define solutions and create compelling and actionable marketing strategies. This high impact role requires strong people management skills, a high level of comfort with technology and, strong business acumen. Our ideal candidate has proven analytical and strategic skills, possesses the agility necessary to oscillate between tactical and strategic projects and, is able to implement creative solutions to solve a variety of marketing/ business challenges in a fast paced environment.
- Strategic and tactical oversight and execution of product & corporate marketing strategy as well as drive go-to-market plans across product lines.
- Expand our eCommerce strategy to ensure revenue growth and development for new sales channels in both K-12 and higher education. Includes managing web-store.
- Maintain a high level of understanding of the market landscape, competitive insights and consumer trends and use knowledge to drive action plans and communicate winning tactics to the field. Develop actionable insights with a detailed understanding of customers and competitors.
- Lead Product Marketing Managers on new product launches and positioning of existing products for new business opportunities.
- Lead all general marketing, market research, sales enablement, social media, event planning, and website activities and continuously track ROI of marketing initiatives to ensure effectiveness.
- Partner with our field sales teams to understand needs and provide timely and effective support in order to achieve company sales goals. Develop client-facing marketing content (presentations, collateral etc.) with strong value messaging and storytelling.
- Segment and leverage marketing database for greater campaign efficiency and effectiveness.
- Define business analytics and create dashboards and reports to support Sales and Marketing and, measure all aspects of lead generation: campaign effectiveness, pipeline contribution, overall business performance etc..
- Direct, develop and provide mentorship to the marketing team.
- Effectively manage a variety of technology, data, marketing and service vendors.
- Provide leadership in defining, mapping, and documenting key marketing processes.
- Identify and develop best practices; build templates to enable product-marketing teams to create best-in-class campaigns.
- Manage budgets and resources and ensure all deliverables are met on time.
- Serve as the product marketing expert and evangelist both internally and externally.
- Bachelor s degree, MBA preferred
- 15+ years of relevant Marketing experience with at least 5 years of experience leading a multi-functional marketing team.
- Significant track record of success developing, managing and executing small and large scale strategic marketing plans and initiatives. This includes expertise in creating and managing budgets, vendors and relationships.
- Strong Marketing background especially in the areas of product marketing, ecommerce, marketing communications, social media, marketing analytics, sales enablement and event planning.
- Experience with publishing, education and or ed-tech verticals.
- Experience with both web and print marketing; experience with direct to student web marketing is a strong plus!
- Excellent team building skills, proven results building and leading highly-effective teams in agile environments.
- Willing to both contribute new ideas as well as run with decisions once they are made and is comfortable communicating complex business and technical issues.
- First-rate written and verbal communication skills coupled with advanced presentation and editorial skills; able to adjust tone and style to fit specific audience.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; able to interface well with all other disciplines of the business at an executive, managerial and individual contributor level.
- Excellent strategic thinking, planning and analytical skills. Creative and able to balance big picture thinking with detailed and highly organized execution.
- High level of comfort working with and using marketing technology and analytics.
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial; a leader as well as doer and a subject matter expert.
- Excellent time management skills coupled with the agility to balance urgent deliverables with a longer-term view.
- Able to travel, up to 20%
- Fluency in Spanish and/or French is a plus
Why join us? We at Vista Higher Learning are proud to say that we re not just another publisher. We re the leading specialized language publisher for U.S. and Canadian higher education and secondary school markets whose first-hand knowledge of languages and diverse cultures sets us apart from other publishers. We re passionate about developing educational materials that incorporate authenticity and culture. We bring a fresh new approach to teaching languages by integrating technology, design, content, and pedagogy to make learning easier, more practical, and more rewarding. With current programs in Spanish, French, Italian and German Vista Higher Learning is committed to helping people communicate across languages and cultures.
Our benefits package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, commuter pass subsidies, PTO and paid holidays. Plus we offer all sorts of fun perks such as monthly chair massages, company lunches, onsite cardio, and strength training classes and much more!
Vista Higher Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.