This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
The Writer/Producer position is an integral part of the production team for CNN's morning show, New Day. Primary responsibilities include writing and producing news pieces on a daily basis and crashing them under demanding deadlines. An ideal candidate must be able to write urgent, tight and conversational scripts; have years of experience in an edit room; be able to weave together lots of sound bites and elements; and creatively execute stories that can at times be visually challenging. The position also requires collaboration with editors, graphics artists, senior producers and other departments to execute pieces. On occasion, the Writer/Producer may be asked to produce guest segments which including pre-interviewing guests, research, fine-tuning angles, producing tape and graphic elements for live interviews.
What do we need from you?
- 3-5 years experience producing news pieces in a major market, cable or news network Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
- Strong interest and knowledge in politics and current events
- Self-starter who possesses strong writing skills, solid news judgment and be able to produce high-quality pieces every day
- Field producing experience is a plus
- Creative thinker with the ability to find new and entertaining ways to present information, new angles to approach stories, and the organization skills to bring it all together
- Must have the ability to enterprise ideas, work well independently and with a team
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
This position requires the employee to work an overnight shift and schedule flexibility to meet the demands of breaking news
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.